shield of the Bolduc House Museum: New France
Back of the Bolduc House showing the gardens
 We are in the process of rebranding the site. Please be patient with us.
New France - The OTHER Colonial America
Fleur-de-lisThe Bolduc House Museum Fleur-de-lis

The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Missouri

link to the NSCDA Web Site

The Society

The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Missouri has owned, operated, and made available to the public the Bolduc House Museum since 1949. It is a chapter of the National Society of the Colonial Dames in America, an organization that is dedicated to Colonial American history, historic preservation, and patriotism.

The women members of the National Society of the Colonial Dames in America are descendants of individuals who lived in an American colony before 1750 and “rendered efficient service to his country during the Colonial period...which contributed to the founding of our nation.”

The parlor in the Linden House is dedicated to the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Missouri and functions as their headquarters. Visit this room to see the large number of awards and other recognitions that this organization has achieved thanks to the way they have operated the Museum.   Read the accounts of the Colonial Dames’ early American ancestors and their accomplishments. Scholars may enjoy the rare books in the Colonial Dames library and the information to be found in the society’s records kept in the Museum’s archives.

Opening Day

Members of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Missouri are joined by Dr. Connally and the parish priest on opening day in 1958

Members of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Missouri are joined by Dr. Connally and the parish priest, Monsiegnor Venverloh, on opening day in 1958

The 2005 President's Award

Receiving the 2005 Preserve America Award with George and Laura Bush in the White House

Mrs. Pierre Chouteau and Director Lorraine Stange receive the 2005 President’s Award for Historic Preservation in the Oval Office with Pres. and Mrs. George W. Bush in May,2005.